I know, I know. This is a few days late. Tomorrow will be my look-ahead post for November, so don’t worry your pretty little heads off just yet.
October ended up being a rather weird month for me. Some days I was fine, and other days I just took a hard downward spiral into the dumps. However, I did manage to do some things during the course of October, so let’s take a look at them.
- Read 10 books and review them all. Yikes. I don’t think this one happened at all.
- Write a post every day. I actually accomplished this! I was worried it was going to be really hard, but fortunately for me, I had three posts already pre-written for every week: the book review, the T5T, and the Book Tag posts. All I had to fill in were the recipe posts and then find other things to fit into the last three days. For some of those, it was blog awards, for others it was what I’ve done in my life recently. I tried my hardest not to just post “filler” material, because I hate reading fluff and I didn’t want to subject any of y’all to that, and I think I did that rather well.
- Book Reviews: 5 Posts
- Personal Life: 6 Posts
- T5T: 5 Posts
- Book Tags: 5 Posts
- ENG 513: 3 Posts
- Recipe Reviews: 4 Posts
- Interact with one new blog every day. I think I accomplished this, for the most part. I may not have followed one new blog every day (can you imagine how insane my Reader would be?!), but I did work my way through several tag categories and at commented on at least one blog a day. I don’t think this has really grown my follower count at all, but it’s something?
- Continue therapy? While I didn’t get to see the psychologist this month (but I did save $50), I think I’m doing a little better. If you remember my rant post from last month, I talked about the fact that I no longer think of one specific thing all the time. That’s some sort of progress, right? Unfortunately, I’m still using retail therapy as my main source of comfort, and that’s not at all good, closely followed by eating.
- Try four new recipes. Well, I tried the shepherd’s pie and the crock pot chicken, and I also tried another foil pack recipe, too. I ended up trying two sugar cookie recipes, and they were so great I would make them all the time if I had the time.
- Shepherd’s Pie – I gave it 3/5. Needs something else, and DOES NOT keep well!
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken – 4/5. Pretty dang great.
- Foil Pack Chicken – this was a HEAVILY altered recipe, so I never actually put it up on the blog. If you want to see it, let me know and I’ll find it again!
- Vanilla Sugar Cookies – pretty dang good! 4/5
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies – even better than the previous, because CHOCOLATE. 4/5
- Figure out makeup. I got the Naked Smokey Eye palette, but it’s a lot harder than I thought it would be. I ended up not being able to use it for Halloween because I couldn’t figure it out. Oh well.
- KEEP MY ROOM CLEAN. It happened! It actually happened! I put away my laundry and I cleaned off my desk! Of course, my mother coming over probably helped me to do it, but whatever it takes, right? (She didn’t even come upstairs…) Of course, it’s not 100% spotless, but it’s a million times better than it has been since July.
- Stick to a budget! Eh…. I tried. I really did. I even made myself an excel spreadsheet to keep track of all this stuff, but I managed to forget about that, too. Sigh. I’m such a failure.
Other things that happened in the month of October:
- I attended the 20th Life Raft Debate, which actually should’ve been the 19th Life Raft Debate, but I guess someone didn’t do the math properly. (It started in 1998. It’s now 2017. Can you do the math?)
- I was asked to review my first ARC book, as a request straight from the publisher. Check out the review!
- I bought a crockpot (see the recipe review bit above!) and I’m totally in love with it.
- I bought more flowers and my mom helped me make a really pretty flower display with a clearance pot she found at Wal-Mart. I’ve got a serious thing for flowers. I wish I could make them flourish like my mom’s do.
- I attended the Art Stalk in Montevallo with my mom!
- I bought the most BEAUTIFUL DRESS EVER, in preparation for my thesis defense in April and my graduation in May. You can check it out on my Instagram if you wish.
- I did a Halloween photoshoot with my roommate. We took turns taking pictures of each other. You can check it out in color or in black & white on my Instagram. I couldn’t choose which set of pictures I loved the most so I just picked the best ones and put them up both ways!
Y’all, I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself. I’ve got two months to go until the end of the year, and I don’t know if I’m going to make it. I don’t want to go through another Christmas alone. I cried a lot last year. I’ve cried even more this year. I thought that post I wrote a few Mondays ago would help me hold myself responsible for thinking like I do, but so far it hasn’t happened. Or I’ve relapsed. One or the other.
I’m just so exhausted. I’ve got a major paper to write before the end of this month. I’m hoping to go to Thanksgiving at my aunt’s house. (I really wish we lived closer to her. Three hours is a long way.) I’ve got to do a lot more thesis work.
Be sure to come back tomorrow and check up on my list of November goals. I’ve been trying to keep them straight but I’m not sure I’m going to be able to accomplish those, either. I feel like I just keep reducing my goals down and down and down so that eventually I’ll make something. I don’t know.
How did October go for you? Do you have any tips or anything to help me survive the crushing loneliness I feel? Please let me know in the comments.
And as always, keep reading.