Is it really August already? Where has the year gone? We’re eight months into this thing and I’m still over here thinking it’s March or something.
I’ve been super busy these past few months, and I haven’t been able to update my blog like I want to. There’s a whole post I’ve written about excuses, but I’m trying not to say any of them.
However, I am going to say that I’m looking forward to August! I’ll be turning 25 this month, and I’ve got so many exciting things planned for the rest of 2019! I keep looking at my planner and thinking, “Man, it’ll be forever before that gets here,” but before I know it, the event is here and gone.
It’s been a while since I’ve written a monthly goals post, but I want to use August to kick my blogging muscles back into gear so I can start sharing the books I’m (planning on) reading with you. (I’m currently stuck in the middle of the Wheel of Time series, so that might be a bit before I can get on to something else!)
Here are my blog plans for August:
- Finish/publish the Top 5 Tuesday posts I’ve gotten started from July (the A-Z T5T was so much fun, but they’re still half-written and unpublished!)
- Participate in August’s Top 5 Tuesday posts (I’ve found that these are awesome for getting new ideas as to what to read)
- Finish the write-ups of the First Impression Friday posts I’ve written for the Wheel of Time books I’ve read so far — which is the first four. Maybe if I’m feeling adventurous, I’ll review them, too!
And that’s it, blog-wise!
But what about life-wise?
- Save some money. I’m moving to a new apartment in October and I had a bad month where I thought I had enough of a “cushion” and it turns out I didn’t. So I’m scraping the bottom of my checking account today after my direct deposit hit and I paid out all my bills. (Man, adulting sucks.)
- Clean my apartment. As mentioned in point 1, I’m moving in two months. I need to get rid of several things, just so everything is easier for me to pack up and shove.
Life is gonna be interesting for me in the future, not going to lie! I’m excited for what August holds for me, and even more excited to see how the rest of 2019 goes!
What are you currently reading in August? What do you hope to read in August? Got any fun plans? Let me know in the comments!
And as always, keep reading.