I can’t believe it’s the last day of August, and there’s only four months left in the year! I managed to write 16 posts this month, which is one less than I wrote in July but five more than I wrote in June. Still not getting that 20 posts a month that I challenged myself to at some point (maybe I never wrote it down?), but it’s close enough. I’m at least consistent three days a week!
So what did I do in August?
- I read 3 books (Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Ninth House, and The House on the Cerulean Sea). I started The Once and Future Witches, but I didn’t finish it in time for this wrap-up post.
- I finally got a library card in my new county – my old one expired and I couldn’t renew it any more (since I no longer live in the county), so my husband and I went to our local library and got new cards. This library system uses Libby (my old one used Overdrive), and there’s definitely a difference in what books are available for reading!
- I went to see two movies in theaters!! We saw The Green Knight (which you can read my review of here) and then we saw Free Guy the very next weekend. Free Guy is definitely a 10/10, see it if you like that genre of movies!
- I worked on the Disney Dogs Stitch-a-Long project, and then started a cross-stitched wedding present for a friend’s wedding in November (I’m about halfway through it, I think!).
- I worked out maybe five times total during August, and I had an absolute come-apart the other day about my body, so September is the month that I’m kicking everything back into gear, losing the pandemic weight that I’ve gained since the wedding, and feeling good about myself again.
- I’ve also started doing my makeup again on days when I’m not feeling too great, and now I have enough face glitter to basically match whatever color eyeshadow I wear, so I’m having the time of my life experimenting.
- I failed the no-spend-in-August challenge, and got a wake-up call when looking at my credit cards, so September is officially “no spending money aside from things I’ve already got pre-ordered and the money’s been set aside for.” Here’s hoping I can stick to this one!
How did your August go? Can you believe we’re already moving into the fall season (although it certainly doesn’t feel that way in Alabama!)
If you were in the way of Hurricane Ida, I hope you and yours are doing well. All we’ve gotten here is the leftover rain, so it hasn’t been too bad for us (we’re way away from the coast).
And as always, keep reading.